The result of the relationship between QB Baker Mayfield and the Cleveland Browns is all but concluded. The only thing left is the timetable for the finalized divorce.
A quick look at the timeline:
- Browns flew down to talk to Deshaun Watson
- Baker Mayfield requested a trade
- Cleveland denied the trade request
- Watson chose the Browns
- Carolina almost traded for the former Heisman Trophy winner during the NFL draft
- Mayfield talked on a podcast
- Cleveland and their former starting quarterback agreed to have him excused from the mandatory minicamp that starts on Tuesday
With that minicamp starting this week, the Browns and Mayfield have bought themselves a little more time.
With all of the discussion around Mayfield since Cleveland acquired Watson, a couple of misconceptions have been commonly thrown around. While not everyone believes these misconceptions, they have come up enough that they are worth addressing:
Leave a Reply