Cleveland prepares for their final preseason game.
Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report – Day 18 (8/24/21)
1. Lesser News: From here on out, the training camp reports will have very little news regarding player performances in camp. Only the media is present, and it’s just the nature of how things go as camp winds down with respect to camp reports. The Browns practiced at 10:45 AM on Tuesday, and it’s a good thing they didn’t wait until the afternoon because temperatures would have been 95 degrees and humid.
2. Takk is Back (Kind Of): For the first time in weeks, DE Takk McKinley was back in Berea (technically, he’s been back for a few days, but it’s the first time the public has been made aware of it). Although McKinley did not practice, it’s encouraging to see him back at the facility, which could be a sign that he’ll be ready for the start of the regular season.
3. Sidelined: Players sitting out of practice included WR Anthony Schwartz, WR JaMarcus Bradley, C J.C. Tretter, OG Michael Dunn, DE Porter Gustin, LB Sione Takitaki, LB Tony Fields, CB Greedy Williams, CB Denzel Ward, S Sheldrick Redwine, and S Grant Delpit.
4. Opps: Second-round LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah also did not take part in practice. The reason for that has an unusual story:
JOK had an accident in the weight room that required stitches on his forehead, Stefanski says. Didn’t practice today but nothing serious.
— Andrew Gribble (@Andrew_Gribble) August 24, 2021
5. Drill of the Day: Here are the defensive linemen at work:
The #Browns have so many good, young defensive linemen. It will be tough to figure out how to keep them all. Former #Buckeyes Tommy Togiai (93) has had a nice camp pic.twitter.com/3V4RDCHY9x
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) August 24, 2021
6. Brownies: Head coach Kevin Stefanski would not comment on whether the starters will see action in the final preseason game. … As if there was any doubt, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms will call the Browns’ first regular season game against the Chiefs.
7. Next Up: The Browns will practice at 1:30 PM on Wednesday.
Leave a Reply