More of the latest Browns news and notes from around the web in today’s dose of the Daily Dawg Chow.
- “Mayfield Not Blaming Inaccuracy On Shoulder Harness” (AP) – “Mayfield acknowledged Wednesday that he’s been wearing a shoulder harness, which stabilizes the AC joint and gives the Browns quarterback some security in case he takes another big hit.”
- “Browns designate linebacker Anthony Walker Jr. for return from injured reserve” (cleveland.com) – “The Browns’ scorching hot defense could add another key piece this week when they travel to Los Angeles to play the Chargers.”
- “Greg Newsome II ruled out for Sunday vs. Chargers” (BrownsZone) – “Greg Newsome II will miss his second straight game with a calf injury, as coach Kevin Stefanski ruled him out for Sunday against the Chargers in Los Angeles.”
- “Jadeveon Clowney, Jedrick Wills not practicing Wednesday” (PFT) – “The Browns announced a list of players who won’t be taking part in Wednesday’s practice and it includes defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.”
- “Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah remains patient regarding playing time” (ABJ) – “Joe Woods has consistently said the team wanted ease rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah into whatever role he’d fulfill on the team.”
- “OBJ, Mayfield and the power of explosive plays” (BrownsWire) – “Many have attempted to explain why it is but none will be able to find causality. Their relationship is good. Mayfield has enough arm and ability to get the ball downfield.”