Ten players have accepted invitations to be in town for the 2021 NFL Draft, which opens with the first round on April 29.
The NFL released the names on Wednesday of the first 10 players to accept invitations to attend the 2021 NFL Draft in Cleveland.
— NFL345 (@NFL345) April 7, 2021
While quarterback Trevor Lawrence, the presumptive No. 1 overall selection out of Clemson, is planning to enjoy the festivities at home with family and friends, the following players will be in town when the draft opens on April 29, according to NFL.com:
- Florida tight end Kyle Pitts
- Louisiana State wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase
- Alabama quarterback Mac Jones
- North Dakota State quarterback Trey Lance
- Alabama wide receiver DeVonta Smith
- Alabama cornerback Patrick Surtain II
- Virginia Tech cornerback Caleb Farley
- Miami defensive end Greg Rousseau
- Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons
- Alabama defensive tackle Christian Barmore
In previous years, several of the players on the list would have been in line to have their named called by the Browns in front of the hometown fans because the Browns would have been picking at or near the top of the first round. But with Cleveland scheduled to pick at No. 26 in the opening round, you can strike that possibility from many of them.
The most likely candidates, based on numerous mock drafts, would appear to be Rousseau, Parsons and Barmore,
The 2021 NFL Draft begins on April 29 with the first round starting at 8 p.m. Rounds two and three will be held on April 30, beginning at 7 p.m, and rounds four through seven will take place on May 1 beginning at 12 p.m.
Events that weekend will take plae across several locations in downtown Cleveland, including FirstEnergy Stadium, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and the Great Lakes Science Center.
- There were be an “Inner Circle” of fans chosen by each of the 32 teams. These fans will have a front-row seat to the NFL Draft Main Stage.
- Headlining acts will perform each day on the Main Stage, inspired by being next to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- The NFL Draft Experience will be the event that is free and open to the public, and will take place inside FirstEnergy Stadium during all three days.
- Part of the Fan Experience will allow fans to be able to go on the field at FirstEnergy Stadium and kick a field goal, take personalized digital photos, run the 40-yard dash and vertical jump against players on LED screens, see a Super Bowl ring on display, and take pictures with the Vince Lombardi Trophy.