More of the latest Browns news and notes from around the web in today’s dose of the Sunday Dawg Chow.
- How Vikings’ Sheldon Richardson helped Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield avert a split after the helmet incident and forge a bond (cleveland.com) – Former Browns defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, now with the Vikings, is old school and knows the rules of the locker room. Taught by the grizzled old vets of the game, he doesn’t mess around. Your teammates are your brothers and nothing should come between you.
- 11 questions for Myles Garrett, who is looking to build off his career-best performance (clevelandbrowns.com) – The Pro Bowl pass rusher leads the NFL with 5.5 sacks and will look to add to that total Sunday in Minnesota.
- From low man in Minnesota to head coach in Cleveland, Kevin Stefanski earns trust and respect (Browns Zone) – Before he was NFL Coach of the Year … before he turned around the Browns in his first year … before he won over Northeast Ohio … Kevin Stefanski was a grunt. He was a training camp intern with the Eagles when Brad Childress met him in 2005. A year later Childress got the head coaching job with the Vikings and hired Stefanski as his assistant.
- Reflecting on Kevin Stefanski’s Browns success, Vikings reunion, Kevin Rogers says boss ‘a different breed’ (Beacon Journal) – Kevin Stefanski will be back in Minnesota this weekend as the reigning NFL Coach of the Year but also as someone who has stayed true to himself since he joined the Vikings 15 years ago.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers TE Rob Gronkowski could miss weeks with fractured ribs, sources say (ESPN) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Rob Gronkowski has fractured ribs that threaten to sideline him for weeks, sources told ESPN on Saturday. Gronkowski did not travel with the Buccaneers to Foxborough, Massachusetts, for Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots because of the effect that flying could have on his injury.
- Chase Claypool will not play for Steelers against Packers (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) – One day after he was listed as questionable to play Sunday in Green Bay, Steelers wide receiver Chase Claypool was ruled out with a groin injury Saturday.
- Richard Sherman, with his wife’s support, answers Tom Brady’s call and returns to NFL (Los Angeles Times) – In a sense, cornerback Richard Sherman was merely responding to a Tom Brady audible. With the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in need of help in the secondary, the legendary quarterback made a call to Seattle to help lure Sherman across the country. The free-agent cornerback, less than three months removed from the lowest moment in his personal life, had brief discussions with the Seattle Seahawks and more involved ones with the San Francisco 49ers about resuming his career. Then came the call from Brady.
- Colts All-Pro guard Quenton Nelson placed on injured reserve (NFL.com) – The Indianapolis Colts will be without their All-Pro guard for at least three weeks. Quenton Nelson is being placed on injured reserve with a high-ankle sprain, the team announced Saturday.