I’m sick of using these pictures, someone please get a camera to Goodyear ASAP. | Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Morning news and notes for Friday, March 6, 2020
The Indians outfielder is being evaluated again today, which means it’s only a matter of time before we learn his wrist has actually been disintegrated.
In case you didn’t believe the title, here’s Zack Meisel | Twitter
Initial diagnosis on Oscar Mercado: left wrist sprain. Tentatively listed as day-to-day, but will be evaluated tomorrow morning.
— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) March 5, 2020
Nolan Jones is garnering more attention as he prepares for his major-league debut hopefully sometime this year. Recently he’s made adjustments to his timing and load at the the plate, and in speaking with FanGraphs he revealed that he focuses primarily on pitches on the outside edge of the strike zone.
Thought Roberto Pérez was good last year? Imagine what 2020 will be like without bone spurs slowing him down.
In total, 157 games will be on SportsTimeOhio.
Around the league
- YouTubeTV and Sinclair reached an agreement.
- A minor league team is hosting a Marinara Night on 4/20.
- The White Sox are the latest team to extend their young star.
- Joey Votto (and others) have thoughts on MLB limiting in-game video. ($)
- I got a cool baseball card and want to exploit my position as editor to share that in the news an notes.