Photo by Norm Hall/Getty Images
Morning news and notes for Sunday, March 1, 2020
Welcome to March! There will be baseball played in this calendar month. I’m not sure why, but I’m here for it.
Pitching prospects stumble as Cleveland Indians lose, 8-7, to Oakland A’s | | Cleveland
Not a great day for Indians pitchers, but it’s also Feb. 29 so who cares?
Cleveland Baseball Insider Inside Podcast 2.28.20 | Sports Illustrated
I’ve checked with my sources, and it is literally impossible to have too many Indians podcasts. The fine folks at Cleveland Baseball Insider on SI have added to the mix with the Inside Podcast and its first episode features Tribe beat writer Mandy Bell.
Bobby Bradley is the king of spring training | Twitter
— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) February 29, 2020
Cleveland Indians notes on Carlos Carrasco, Aaron Civale, Mike Clevinger, Adam Cimber and Nolan Jones | Cleveland
Mike Clevinger is already throwing again, just under two weeks since he underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a partial tear in his left medial meniscus. He said he wanted to beat the 6-8 week timetable the Indians gave him and the madlad might actually do it.
Around the League
- Our friends at Twinkie Town wrote a great explainer on projections.
- Get to know some of the best pitching prospects in the American League . ($)
- Not only is he stuck with the name “Scooter”, but Scooter Gennett has had some terrible baseball luck.
- Speaking of bad luck, here’s Giancarlo Stanton.
- Not all heroes wear capes