Morning news and notes for Thursday, April 29, 2021
Cleveland baseball news
After loss to Twins, Allen optioned to alt site | MLB
Mandy Bell over at MLB.com provided some more context to Logan Allen’s demotion yesterday, including some of his own thoughts on it.
Stat of the Day: Amed gives a little bit extra | MLB
Amed Rosario has a .455 batting average against the Twins, and yesterday was his 15th career game with two extra-base hits.
Nick Sandlin being promoted?
I haven’t seen anything official yet, but @IndiansPro on Twitter seems to have information that sidearm fireballer Nick Sandlin will be the one coming up to replace Logan Allen for the time being. Sandlin is a reliever, though, meaning Cleveland will need to decide on a fifth starter by May 4.
#Indians to promote top relief prospect 24yr old RHP Nick Sandlin from the alternate training site before the upcoming series with the White Sox on Friday. The former 2018 2nd Round pick looked fantastic during spring training. He will be making his MLB debut.#OurCLE #Future pic.twitter.com/FUTqbAxCkL
— Indians Prospective (@indiansPro) April 28, 2021
Around the league
- Bryce Harper took a scary pitch off the face (the face), but he appears to be OK.
- Anthony Rizzo struck out Freddie Freeman and it was amazing.
- Fans in New York are booing Francisco Lindor.
- Shohei Ohtani’s splitter is back and it is nasty.
- Analysis from FanGraphs on the trade that sent Mike Tauchman from New York to San Francisco.