Morning news and notes for Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Yawn. Franmil Reyes didn’t hit any triples or steal any bases yesterday. Fans of Cleveland’s baseball team had to settle for “this new age swing for the fences baseball that has no action because nobody is running the bases.” As they did this, they were hopefully paying attention anyways, because a select handful of fans were in physical danger. Because Fran’s swinging produced two home runs, both of which might have collapsed the nearby stage that everyone won’t stop talking about.
José Ramírez did the same thing, but only once. Bum.
- Ronald Acuña hit a baseball 481 feet, showing that Franmil, too, is a #bum.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit three baseballs the required distance. Acuña also a #bum.
- Corey Kluber dominated the Orioles.
- Off to a slow start? Castrovince wrote about you!
- Detroit’s Akil Baddoo was not off to a slow start, but has since slowed down. It sounds like everyone is doing the right things to try to get him back on track.
- The Negro Leagues had their own Babes and Shoheis.
- Another commissioner realizes baseball’s is out of his depth and is trying to help.